I just found out that I was nominated for the Liebster award by my new blogger BFF! 😉 Budget Loving Military Wife and I have a lot in common! And we have never even met! I was honored when she thought of me for this. I have never heard of this award until this morning! It is intended to promote a supportive community among new blogs and their bloggers. I can tell you that it is working! 🙂 I feel so honored! Thanks for the nomination!
You guys should go check out her blog. She is a financial guru! Plus, she is even more nerdy than me – in a good way I assure you. She inspires you to win with money! I love reading her blog and the fact that they can win with money on Military income is inspiring to me.
If you are nominated for a Liebster award this is what you should do:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
I’m really excited about the questions she gave me! Here we go!
- If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do? – I would do what I’m doing now. Weird right? So many people hate what they are doing but don’t ever do anything about it. I did something about it. Infact, I only started Motivated Decor about a month and a half ago. Since then I’ve been nominated for this awesome award, got a booth at Quilted Bear and have made 15 total sales on my Etsy store and via social media (combined). I love what I am doing. I would do this if I didn’t get paid.
- Have you ever participated in a Random Act of Kindness? If so, what was it that you did? If not, what is something you could do to make a complete stranger have a better day today?
The best part about participating in random acts of kindness is being anonymous. I HATE cleaning snow off of my car. But I always try to not only clean off my car, but the car next to mine. Most of the time, I have no idea who it is, but they live in the same apartment complex, so I’m happy to help my community. Doing this makes cleaning off my car a lot less excruciating. I’d rather clean off their car than my own. And I hope I make some ones day by doing it.
- Why did you begin blogging?
I’ve read in many self help books that you get a lot more traffic to your online store if you create a blog. That was the reason why I started blogging. It was a form of marketing. But that is not why I KEEP doing it! I do it now because I love it! I do it because I hope to inspire some one. I do it for my followers.
- What is the best piece of advice you have received to date?
Become Debt Free and take control of your finances. This was an easy question for me. If we would not have received this advice, we would still be in a world of a mess. We are starting to feel the blessings of Financial Peace. We aim to be debt free this time next year.
- Who is your “hero” and why?
My husband. This sounds really corny, but he keeps me strong. He is so patient and loving. I’m more hard and strict. I hope to be more gentle and he is the inspiration for me. I’m grateful for his endless love and support. I’m a lucky girl.
- If you were able to take a year off from work (but still receive your paycheck), what would you do with your time?
Its weird for me to think about not working. I feel like that’s all I do. Between my day job and Motivated Decor, I’m busy busy. So I would very happily stop and enjoy life through my daughters eyes. I’d spend the days with her learning new things. Just focus on her. I’d take her camping and fishing. Teach her a whole bunch of new things. I’d love to just relax with her and focus on being little.
- Where is the best place you have ever traveled and why?
Waldport, OR. My heart fell in love with that place the second we got there! The sign says “Welcome to Waldport. Where the forest meets the sea. It’s true. The beach house we stayed at was a cute little cottage. When you walked out, you’d see the ocean to your right, and a forest to your left. I loved the bonding time we got as a family too. AHH. Can I go back there now?
- What 5 adjectives best describe you?
-Quirky, Motivated, determined, focused, friendly
- If you have a bucket list what is one thing you have already accomplished and one thing left on your list? If you don’t have a bucket list, why not?
I do have one. I’ve actually been able to check several things off my list. Get sealed in the temple. Have a baby. Get scuba certified. Go to the Bahamas. Check. Check. Check. Check. Bungee jumping and skydiving are things that I still have yet to accomplish.
- If someone handed you a million dollars, no strings attached, what would be your first purchase?
I’d first pay 10% to my church as a tithe. Then I’d pay off the rest of our debts. Save 3-6 Months of expenses, pay cash for a home, fund my kids’ college, and invest some of it so we can retire with dignity. Then I’d give the rest away.
These questions were so fun! I’m nominating the following blogs:
Fit Mom Diary because she is so motivational. She gives fun, healthy menus and work outs to keep you going. I love reading her blog.
The Suite Life Designs because she has an incredible eye for design! She is continuously posting beautiful rooms and she gives me so much motivation to improve my home. To be honest, the interior designer in me is a little jealous. 🙂
Mind fit Move because I love the way he reminds me that everything I do is all in my head. He encourages me to see the imperfections as perfect qualities in life. I really enjoy reading his blog.
Pearls & Sequence because I love the way her posts are short, sweet and to the point. She always posts exactly what I need to see.
Hitchcock Creative Her cards are so CUTE! She is inspiration for my etsy shop. And she pins the CUTEST things on Pinterest! You will love following her! She gives me tons of motivation for lots of different reasons.
My questions for my nominees are:
- What is one thing that you have accomplished that you are incredibly proud of?
- What is your biggest fear? Do you try to avoid it or do you face it?
- What is your favorite part about your life?
- What is the funniest thing you did as a kid? (You know, the story that your mom always tells when people start talking about how their kid embarrassed them?)
- What is one area of life you feel you could improve on? In what area do you feel confident in?
- If you could live in any where around the world, where would it be?
- Who do you admire or look up to?
- What is your current goal? What are you doing to achieve it?
- Where is your retreat? Where can you just sit and relax?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
Thanks again to Budget Loving Military Wife for nominating me for this award! I feel honored!
Thanks for reading.